This article deals with troubleshooting the issue when some customer/subscriber number is not receiving text messages sent out from Bespeak.
Confirm If The Number Is Subscribed To The Broadcast Campaign
It is possible that a number/subscriber did not receive a broadcast text because it is not subscribed to the broadcast's campaign. This can be confirmed as follows:
Agents can log in to the Business Dashboard by searching for the business name in the Business Search tab of the Admin Dashboard for support and logging in as BUSINESS.
Agents can log in to the Reseller Dashboard by searching for the reseller name in the Business Search tab of the Admin Dashboard for support and logging in as ADMIN.
- Search for the number/subscriber at the merchant/business level. Select the campaign name and search for the reported number on the Business Dashboard's Subscribers page.
- Search for the number/subscriber at the licensee/reseller level. Search for the number on the Reseller Dashboard Subscribers page. If the search result does not show this number then it is not subscribed to the campaign.
Instruct User To Subscribe To The Campaign
Only numbers that are subscribers of a campaign, receive broadcast messages from that campaign. Ask the subscriber to send the campaign keyword to your long code to subscribe to your Campaign.
Note: The subscriber should receive the Campaign's welcome message. If they do not receive the welcome message, follow the steps to terminate the subscriber and ask them to re-subscribe one more time by sending the campaign keyword to your long code/TFN. If they still do not receive the welcome message, then contact support.
Enable "Earned Reward Text" Feature
One occurrence is when only the reward messages are not received. This happens when the "earned reward text" feature is disabled in the campaign settings. To check for that:
Agents can log in to the Reseller Dashboard by searching for the reseller name in the Manage Resellers tab of the Admin Dashboard for support and logging in as ADMIN.
- Find the subscriber in the Reseller Admin Dashboard and log into their Engage dashboard.
- Go to Campaigns and select Single Campaigns. Choose the correct campaign here and click Edit.
- Go to the "configure advanced settings" at the bottom and check that "Earned reward text" is enabled in the "Basic Tablet Preferences" section.
- If it is not enabled, enable it and save the campaign.
Check Reason Column Data In Subscribers Report For This Subscriber
When you access the subscribers' reports, you see that the "Reason" column for a subscriber not receiving texts does not have "N/A" but some other data indicating the reason the customer is no longer receiving messages. For example:
- "Stop Request": The user triggered the option to stop receiving messages.
- "Unknown Failure": The error is unknown; you need to have the subscriber opt-in again.
- "Invalid Number": This number got disconnected OR there was possibly a service interruption on their network provider so the system labeled it as an invalid number.
Instruct User To Re-subscribe To The Campaign
Follow the steps to terminate the subscriber and ask the subscriber to re-subscribe by sending the campaign keyword to your long code/TFN. If they still do not receive the welcome message, then contact support.
Investigate From Subscriber History and Broadcast Analytics
You can also view the broadcast analytics of the broadcast not received and the subscriber's history of the subscriber that did not receive it, to further investigate this issue. You would have insights into the broadcast dynamics and communication history of the subscriber with the system which will help to determine the root cause of the issue. For example, the broadcast analytics could show a delayed delivery for some reason and the subscriber history shows that the message was delivered to the subscriber without any error. So the message should have been received by the subscriber in this case. You may contact support to find out the reason for the delay in broadcast. It could be due to Maintenance Window.
Note: If you are unable to find the reason why a broadcast was not received by specific number/s on a specific date, contact support with the following information:
- The affected subscriber's mobile phone number
- The Campaign and Merchant's Name
- The content of the message you sent
- The date and time when the broadcast was sent or was supposed to be sent (if it is a scheduled broadcast)
- The last time (date) the subscriber received a message from your Campaign
- The troubleshooting steps that you have performed so far.
If you are also unable to find the reason and the issue is not resolved after following the troubleshooting steps above, elevate it according to the routing table with the provided information.
Update the customer with the findings of the Engineering team.