You may want to find out why some customer/subscriber numbers are not receiving text messages.
The common root causes and solutions for this issue are listed below:
- Number Is Not Subscribed To The Broadcast Campaign
- Earned Reward Text Feature Is Disabled
- End-User Has Unsubscribed From The Campaign
- Service Interruption From Network Provider
Number Is Not Subscribed To The Broadcast Campaign
It is possible that a number/subscriber did not receive a broadcast text because it is not subscribed to the broadcast's campaign. This can be confirmed as follows:
Agents can log in to the Business Dashboard by searching for the business name in the Business Search tab of the Admin Dashboard for support and logging in as BUSINESS.
Agents can log in to the Reseller Dashboard by searching for the reseller name in the Business Search tab of the Admin Dashboard for support and logging in as ADMIN.
- Search for the number/subscriber at the merchant/business level. Select the campaign name and search for the reported number on the Business Dashboard's Subscribers page.
- Search for the number/subscriber at the licensee/reseller level. Search for the number on the Reseller Dashboard Subscribers page.
Only numbers that are subscribers of a campaign, receive broadcast messages from that campaign. Ask the number to Subscribe to the Campaign.
Subscribing To The Campaign
Ask the subscriber to send the campaign keyword to your long code to re-subscribe to your Campaign. The subscriber should receive the Campaign's welcome message. If they do not receive the welcome message, follow the steps to terminate the subscriber and ask them to re-subscribe one more time by sending the campaign keyword to your long code/TFN. If they still do not receive the welcome message, then contact support.
"Earned Reward Text" Feature Is Disabled
One occurrence is when only the reward messages are not received. This happens when the "earned reward text" feature is disabled in the campaign settings. To check for that:
Agents can log in to the Reseller Dashboard by searching for the reseller name in the Manage Resellers tab of the Admin Dashboard for support and logging in as ADMIN.
- Find the subscriber in the Licensee/Reseller Admin Dashboard and log into their Business Engage dashboard.
- Go to Campaigns and select Single Campaigns. Choose the correct campaign here and click Edit.
- Go to the "configure advanced settings" at the bottom and check that "Earned reward text" is enabled in the "Basic Tablet Preferences" section.
End-User Unsubscribed Or Service Interruption From Provider
When you access the subscribers' reports, you see that the "Reason" column for a subscriber not receiving texts does not have "N/A" but some other data indicating the reason the customer is no longer receiving messages. For example:
- "Stop Request": The user triggered the option to stop receiving messages.
- "Unknown Failure": The error is unknown; you need to have the subscriber opt-in again.
- "Invalid Number": This number got disconnected OR there was possibly a service interruption on their network provider so the system labeled it as an invalid number.
Follow the steps to terminate the subscriber and ask the subscriber to re-subscribe by sending the campaign keyword to your long code/TFN. If they still do not receive the welcome message, then contact support.
If you are unable to find the reason why a broadcast was not received by specific number/s on a specific date, contact support with the following information:
- Campaign name
- Number/s that did not receive the broadcast text
- Date and Time when the broadcast was made.
You can do the initial investigation using the information given above in this article.
If you are also unable to find the reason and the issue is not resolved, elevate it to the Engineering team with the provided information.
Update the customer with the findings of the Engineering team.