There might be cases when updating the credit card information for one of your accounts in Bespeak but it fails to add the new credit card or fails to update the billing information.
Engage will show the following error message (as in the image below): E00039:A duplicate record with ID XXXXXX already exists.
This article describes the steps to follow as a workaround while the issue is still being fixed.
To resolve this, the workaround is to change the email address in the Billing Contact information section of the customer's account settings. The steps for this process are as follows:
- On your Licensee dashboard, select Businesses from the menu.
- Search for the Merchant name using the SEARCH field.
- From the search results, click on the LOG IN option available from the Action column of the desired Merchant.
- From the menu, select My Account.
- Click on the Edit button from the Account Details' Billing Contact section.
- Once the Billing Contact window opens, update the First Name, Last Name, and Email.
- Update the other details by editing the billing address and the Postal code.
- After updating the billing information, check if all fields are correct. Then, click on the Save Changes button.
After updating the email address in the Billing Contact section, you should now be able to update the credit card information.